Asian Pacific Islander Faculty Staff Association
Chair: Bonnie Sugiyama, 408-924-6158
The Asian Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association [APIFSA]'s mission is to provide a safe and supportive network for Asian Pacific Islander (API) staff and faculty at San Jose State. The goals and objectives of APIFSA:
- To serve as an advocacy group in facilitating the campus climate and educational equity efforts for the API campus community;
- To advocate the recruitment and retention of API students, staff and faculty;
- To promote the advancement and success of API faculty, staff and students;
- To serve as a resource to the campus community on issues relating to the API community;
- To sponsor educational and social programs that advance the interest of APIFSA.