Lurie College Storytellers
This initiative highlights Lurie College students along their journeys to becoming transformative educators, counselors, therapists, school and community leaders as they share out a series of short videos over the course of the semester.
Spring 2022 Storytellers
Lurie College students who are selected as storytellers will gain:
- Practice with public speaking and digital communication
- A $250 stipend for creating and sharing short, weekly videos
- A ring light with a tripod to be able to use to create the videos and keep afterwards
Lurie College students who are selected as storytellers will be expected to:
- Participate in a 1-hour orientation on Zoom with all of the Storytellers
- Create short, weekly videos that share insights into their experiences as SJSU Lurie College of Education students
- Share those videos across Lurie College social media platforms for our current students, prospective students, alumni, faculty and staff to gain a deeper understanding of the storytellers
To apply by Sunday, February 6, complete this Google form and share a sample video that meets the following criteria:
- Is 1 minute or less
- Is recorded vertically in a format that is relevant for Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube Shorts
- Introduces yourself in whatever way you'd like to
If you have any follow up questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 Storytellers
Watch the videos below to learn about our Fall 2021 Storytellers, Communicative Disorders and Sciences undergraduate transfer student Caryn Iwakiri and Teacher Education Single Subject Credential program and graduate student Ana Isabel Hahs.
Watch all of our Storyteller videos on our @sjsulurie TikTok
Week 1 | Meet the Storytellers
Week 2 | Take a Break
Grab a coffee and watch as Caryn and Ana talk about taking a break and mental health.
Week 3 | Raising the Stakes
Things start ramping up for Caryn and Ana as we approach the middle of the semester.
Week 4 | A Day in the Life
Spend a day with Caryn and Ana as they take us through a day in their lives and make matcha.
Week 5 | Do a Little Dance
Dance along with Caryn and Ana as they talk about being a speech and language pathologist and a teacher.
Week 6 | Look to the Future
Watch as our storytellers think about what the future will be like when they leave Lurie College.
Week 7 | Time to Relax
Sit back, laugh, and relax with our Lurie College Storytellers.
Week 8 | Hang Out With Us
Come and hang out with our Lurie College Storytellers.
Week 9 | It's Time For a Break
Caryn and Ana wrap up some assignments and get ready for the Thanksgiving break.
Week 10 | Wrapping up the Semester
Caryn and Ana share share some final experiences from their semesters.